Resources To Begin The Conversation
posted on May 26
Thank you for your participation in the regional conversations across the state last week. Almost 1,000 people joined one of 14 regional conversations in seven locations around the state. This process has been and continues to be dynamic. As things change, as decisions are made, we will do our best to get you the information as we know it. Below, are resources to aid you in understanding the current denominational situation and developments.
RESOURCES TO BEGIN THE CONVERSATION
- Vital Conversations: Race, Culture, The Church, And Human Sexuality – a series of video-based conversations on topics including race, culture, the Church, and Human Sexuality
- Finding the Sweet Spot: Holy Conversation by The Missouri Conference – four-part series on fostering holy conversations on a variety of tough topics.
- Courageous Conversations – Discipleship Ministries resource for planning conversations around any hard subject
- Living Faithfully: Human Sexuality and the United Methodist Church by Abingdon – a four-week study that will help you grapple with various views about the ministry and teaching of The United Methodist Church around issues of human sexuality.
MISSOURI CHURCH EXAMPLES OF BEGINNING THE CONVERSATION
- Church of the Shepherd (St. Charles) – POV (Point-of-View)
- La Croix (Cape Girardeau) – The Fine Art of Disagreement
- Platte Woods – Courageous Conversations
Bishop Farr intends to share his vision about the Missouri Conference in the Continuing UMC during these upcoming events:
- MOAC22 Pre-Conference Briefing – May 26 at 10 a.m. (this event will be recorded for future playback)
- MOAC22 Virtual Clergy Session – June 2 at 10 a.m. (this is a closed session to MOAC clergy only and will not be recorded)
To catch up on the most updated information distributed by Bishop Farr, please see:
- 2022 Regional Conversations slides (April 24-30)
- Legal Update: Sarcoxie UMC (April 26)
- Letter from Bishop Farr on the Postponement of General Conference (Mar. 4)
- The Future of the Missouri Conference in the Continuing UMC (video shared on Feb. 27)
- Letter about disaffiliation from the United Methodist Church and an update on Conference legal matters (Jan. 31)
Stay connected for more information: